Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Life is not a Template

Template
Its a shame noone can construct a common sense template. Imagine how much money you would make from that? Still, one persons common sense is in the eyes of another bizarro fantasy land.

Sometimes I think my colleagues are retarded even though they are highly educated. Today when I reported back that the consultation I was sent to comprised 75% govt officials they were outraged. But Duhhhh, I was one of those unnecessary officials.

As part of writing up my evaluation from the consultation I attended yesterday I was required to fill in a template. This template included such gems as whether economic transformation, Maori discussed, Pacific people, immigration were discussed. These things set out objectively could seem resonable. But hello, people dont turn up to a consultation and have a discussion according to Dr Xs template unless the facilitation is based on Dr Xs template - it wasn't.

Are you for real Mister Mr X template writer? I wanted to say.

When Mr MBA template coordintor (seperate burecrat from Dr X Template writer - becasue hello we all have different skills and abilities - and why have one person do the job when you can have several?learnt I was sticking an unauthorised "table" in my template he advised me in quite strict terms that no tables were to be used in the template - or words to that effect. "Are you for real Mister template co-ordinator?"

I finished my template - added the disclaimer that Dr Xs Template format was not completely suitable for the discussion I attened and this is why I had included the table. I suspect tomorrow I will be asked to remove the table due to its non compliance with the template.

I suspect I will be very tempted to say fuck off and get real but I will adhere to repetition. Your template did not fit the format of the discussion becasue real people do not use templates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will fіnd your consіstency backuρ fгom cοntinuing weаrinеss anԁ tenѕion, vеxation and all sorts of consistency painfulnеss, the interventiοn of surе weather conditіon including poliomуеlіtis and pitiаblе carriage.


Stop by my homepage - sensual massage london