Monday, August 4, 2008

Maggie Barry

Today I decided my hair looks a little Maggie Barry. Effectively, what that means is it probably looks 80ish and needs a cut. Anyway, I'm hanging out on the cut. Maybe when I get a job interview....

So, anyway, because I think I am Maggie Barry, or maybe I would like to be Maggie Barry, here are is garden tip:

If your newly planted and lemon and lime trees loose their leaves, spray them with Epsom salts. I got this tip from channel 8 - Sky Living Channel and one of the gardening programmes. I then checked it with one of my granny smith apple sellers - the guy from Clareville Nursery. What I didn't check was how much Epsom salts - so I put a bag in the spray container which is abouut 4 litres- then I checked the empty bag of epsom salts and it said one teaspoon for that amount of water - woops. Epsom salts supersized. Oh well, I sprayed it on in anticipation that more is more.

Now according to my apple seller - the reason new season lemon and limes loose their leaves is becasu ethey are conditioned when they are grown commercially, and suffer a little shock when transplanted. I know how they feel.

I've always had trouble growing lemons - this time though I am determined not to be defeated. I do actually have a functioning lemon tree at the back of my section. Its functional but I want a lemon tree that has big juicy lemons.



Epsom salts - cheap as chips - not only can you use it on lemons and the garden but in your bath. Same as what you buy from Kirks all fancy pansy dressed up or that Rexon stuff form teh supermarket which is nice and smelly - but does the same job in terms of relaxing the muscles and making you feel nice in a hot bath for a fraction of the cost - and you can had oil drops or put fragrance on afterwards..

No comments: