Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tax

Today I arrived home to a tax bill of $608.10 Just like when I've worked out a budget - and intend to stick to it. How can that be? I thought I payed my tax forthnightly PAYE - Pay As You Earn. Well it appears not according to my "personal tax summary". I have no idea who "Corporate Services - Wage Workers" are. But I allegedly worked for them the same time that corresponds with my current employer - unless thats what my current employer lists as - although I would suspect not as I am not a wage worker but a salary worker.
I read stuff at work and omg I realise I earn significantly more than most NZers. But I forget that because most people I know earn significantly more than me! Its all relative.

Anyway, I hope the IRD statement is wrong. I will be ringing the automated machine tomorrow. Trouble is, I suspect it may not be wrong. You earn more you pay more.

Today I saw a man in an office chair go skateboarding in his chair down Bowen St. He was out of his tree or out his chair or something -but I admired his desire to take the chair out of the office or something like that.

No comments: