Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Can you hear me

I am glad I can hear the rustle of the wind
I am glad I can feel my ears adjust when they come out of the Rimutaka tunnel due to the change in altitude
I am glad I can hear music
I am glad I can hear all sorts of sounds


Today I met a Deaf man as part of my work. It had a profound effect on my day. It was a difficult conversation we had becasue I did not have the answers he wanted in any language.

Then he ripped our conversation which had been conducted via my notebook out of my notebook. I agreed to this but it still felt odd to have my conversation taken away like that. I wish we had conducted our conversation by email. Why would that have been different? That remains as a record I guess. Easier for me I guess.

Anyway, I am so glad I have my hearing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the dedication you put into your blog and in depth information you provide.
It's great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed information.
Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my
Google account.

Take a look at my website - does raspberry ketones work