Monday, December 15, 2008

RIP Toyota Corolla

A few months ago my Toyota Corolla was pronounced terminally ill. At that stage I should have left it at the garage but I didnt. I squeezed a few more rides out of it with its red alert lights showing, and its breaks stuffed. When I went to start it yesterday it had died. No ignition. No life yet. Now I need to dispose of it. I'm hoping if I make the garage man the offer of towing it away for free on the basis he can have it for free then that will work.

The car was an ex DHB car. I liked that. The car was my Dad's car. I liked that too. I also liked the fact in that car I travelled some fairly solid distances.

In that car, it blew up just before at the crossing before Martinborough becasue I forgot to put water in it. It blew up on the Rimutakas once.

Its greatest moment was when it took me over the Rimutakas 3 times each way in one day!!!to Martinborough from Wainuiomata when I moved. How I did that driving I don't know. It was crazy. But I did it. I figured why pack when you can jam your car full. Clearly in retrospect that wasn't a well planned move.

Anyway, I didn't heed the ex brother in laws advice and haven't been saving for a new car.

I'll be carless for a wee while due to my carelessness....possibly a year as I'm trying to only pay cash for what I purchase. Cant pay cash, then dont purchase. Or something like that. And my imemdiate priority is a a little bit of hosue maintenance over the next few months. On the up side no petrol costs, insurance or registration and a supder duper reduced carbon footprint.

Anyway, RIP grey toyota corolla. Thanks for the journeys. I guess this closes another chapter to the past and allows new ones to open up, at least with regards to my movements.

PS. My sheep have disappeared from their paddock. I guess my neighbours will be having lamb for Christmas...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bye bye toyota! i didn't have a car for about a year and it was great. then again i didn't live in the provinces:)