Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blue Skies

Today I was standing at the Carterton railway station at about 7.10 am waiting for the last morning commuter train that arrives about 7.15am. The man next door to me turns to the woman next door to him and says "Good to see some blue sky there" . I looke up from the Dominion Post and see this amazing "sky blue" streak in the sky - especially for that time of morning. Then the lady says "Yes, but not enough to cut a sailors suit". I thought that was an awesome analogy. Especially as there are usally quite a few "force" people at the station. Well, a few army and navy men in their suits. What attracts them to live in Carterton?

And then tonight when I walked home - becasue I'm trying to create a Carterton footprint - and it is silly I drive 900m to the railway station when I can walk in almost the same time it takes me get into and out of my old Toyota.....I saw this amazing white cloud like a big cone in the sky.

I love the sky - especially in the Wairarapa. And some days/nights - like today - I love coming home to the place I call home. Just to smell the air - and be in a different space.

No comments: