Monday, August 11, 2008

Snapper

So, if you reside in Wellington, you will have noticed the Snapper people, the Snapper concept. I YOU may even have a Snapper card. I would understand that if YOU shop at WISHBONE or catch the BUS.

Essentially, my loose translation is that Snapper is a way of carrying your cash in a card that also looks like you could be a Christian from the 80s - continuing my 80s theme. eg when the fish symbolised the greek version of peace love and happiness as set out in the Bible. You knew people were Christians both by their love and actions - but also by the symbol of the fish.

I understand the 2008 version of the fish. Its carrying cash - and a money spinner for Wishbone and the buses.

What I don't understand is why on earth would you wear the Snapper card your neck when you are entrapped in an office all day. "Like excuse me, I'll just pop down to level 2 and use my Snapper card""@!?. Why on earth.? "Look, I'm wearing cash round my neck". I mean, its the same thing isn't it? I might get a $20 note, wear it round my neck and say LOOK - I cut out the middle man - less carbon foot print!!!

Well, my manager wears a snapper card. This has what has prompted this post. I also had a snapper conversation with my Group Manager the other day when we were walking to a meeting.

By the way: i said to my manager - "is that a Snapper card round your neck" This led to a 10 minute conversation on what the Snapper card was, and how NZ was one of the first countries to embrace the EFTPOS. Maybe its supposed to be a conversation starter.

Anyway, my verdict: Perhaps it has its uses - but no need to wear the thing round your neck eh?

2 comments:

Kitsunegirl said...

I HATE that bubbling noise on the bus.

Homeperm said...

i barely think it is acceptable to wear your ID card on a lanyard. the snapper card is taking it that extra bit further into a fashion don't.