Wednesday, January 7, 2009

And so this is 2009

The first entry of 2009 is written from the Kwila writing table. That is, the table on my back porch. It is the stillest of nights as I write this and quite light. This is an excellent writing space. There is only one drawback and that is the sandfly things that keep biting my feet. Possibly there is another drawback and that is that the machine is quite slow because it is some distance from the telcom connection. Or that could be I just need to update my virus protection. I can hear a bird chirping and my neighbour redoing her brick pathway that she laid last summer.

She coughs occassionaly and listens to Nationional Radio. These are things we have in common and could talk about if we talked.

The neighbour on the East wing has just put his car away. Luckily I managed to chop my side of his trees down further whiole he was away. The bamboo I planted on our border is growing and I am hoping that next year I wont see into his property and can perhaps suggest he cuts the confiers down completely.

As for my plans for 2009 - well first up is to write my list - I'm not that great at lists, goals etc - last year I was too ambitious. But I am not going to be deterred by the past.

So given its the 7th January I'll start with 7 things in no particular order:

1. Attend the wedding of two of the most awesome people I know.
2. Make sure I have some nice homegrown flowers for these awesome people
3. Swim more - at least in 5 different places this year
4. Have at least 2 decent holidays this year of 5 days duration
5. Be careful with my money
6. Respect and love myself and be positive
7. Get the rotten boards on my house quoted for and fixed - at a reasonable price by a qualified and and excellent builder

No comments: