Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beans and other things

My blog has become a bit like my garden. Extremely dry and infrequent postings. I've been musing over whether to keep it, and if so what direction to take it. Make it a garden blog, an escape from the buracracy blog, a self journey blog or a combination of the three. It will probably continue being a bit of all three. I'm not ready to kill it off yet. It still has some work to do.


Since I moved to the Wairarapa I've grown tomato crops every year that have kept me through winter until the next crop. But not this year. I am not sure why that is. I barely have enough to pick. I do though have a good bean crop - enough to freeze. My fruit trees are fruiting and I've learnt that if I pick the nectarines not quite ripe from the old tree i can at least eat them rather than see them rot on the ground. I have about 15 pears, 10 granny smiths, 10 galas. I also have grapes (or will have grapes) for the first time in 4 years. So, i guess its a matter of swings and round abouts - although the tomato thing is puzzling. I do though have tomatos that have self sown in my rose garden through the compost. I'm leaving them there now I've reached a spray free state in that area.



Each time this year I start going to the gym, eating better, reassessing things. That is the state I am in. It feels different this time. Like there is a lot more at stake on a number of levels. I'm not going to get a personal trainer. I know what to do and I have the motivation to do it.



I'm thinking of creating a photo journal for 2009 as an alternative to like weighing myself everyweek. I tend to avoid photos of myself becasue I am self consious. But I am warming to have a photo journal - to record not only change over 2009 but good experiences and sharing my life with other people.

My list of 101 things might become 11 things over the next 11 months. If I achieve 11 things then that would be good.

oh, and my "show has been cancelled" to use a term from one of my favourite tv shows. Design star on Living channel. That is my work programme will be reoientated - this all seems rather puzzling on how to reframe my work programme under Ministerial - reduce the bureacracy directive. There is I concede a certain sense of schaudenfreude I have it about it all.

No comments: