Saturday, November 24, 2007

Annie Lennox

Well as Homeperm has pointed out (here there would be a hyperlink thingee) but becasue I am tired of seeing the circle go round and round and can only cope with upskilling so much in one day there is no hyperlink, this blog has been a long time in gestation so there is much to write about. First of all, today I spend a time taking photos today but cant down load them yet. It is frustrating for me.

Ok, this site is Hebehobo. It is more fitting that Hebehob as Hebequeens subject writes these entries. There is possibly an apostrohe that goes after Hebequeens but I have not included. An academic resgitrar would remind you that good grammer is important. I am not saying it i snot important. Just that it is unlikely to be a feature of this site. Focus on the content. For the first few entries. The photos will come. People on Trademe have been known to comment that Hebehobo is a very nice lady and it is a pleasure doing busniness with her!

But this posting is really about the subtitle of this blog. It is the refrain, chrorus of Sing from Annie Lennox latest new album "Songs of Destruction". It's a great album. Possibly her best for a very long time. This particualrl song is dediecated to those who work in Africa towards HIV/ AIDS reduction. The whole album is dedicated to "humanitarian workers, peace activists and NGOs across the globe"/ It's actaully quite dark in places. But I like that. What I liek most about the pratcicular quote I have used it is reminds me of two things. The first is that we must use our voice. This is what this bliog will be about. Using my voice, and of coruse that of Hebequeen. Also Sister Henry, a nun who taught piano at Sacred Heart in Lower Hutt was the first person that taught me that phrase "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". She was going to be my piano teacher after my Mum becasue my Mum and I had decided that well it would be good to get the benefit of someone else teaching me. Sister Henry died after I had only a few lessons. And my mother died not long after Sister Henry. They were both strong women in each their own ways. They both as piano teachers knew the improtance of singing, music, harmony and finding ones voice.

2 comments:

Homeperm said...

this quote "I am not saying it i snot important. Just that it is unlikely to be a feature of this site" made me laugh out loud and then youswtiched from being hilarious to beimg very sweet and thoughtful. i guess you are right, those geminis can go from zero to a hundred (kaboom) in an instant.

strong light said...

You bloggedQ!!