Monday, November 26, 2007

The Wheelie Bin - Part 1

Monday night is the night of the "wheelie bin". I love the wheelie bin. I also love the rubbish dump. I am not sure what these two things tell you. My love of the rubbish dump has been distanced by the Carterton Rubbish dump lady who sits in a little office. It's like a toll office and she has a figurine of Mr T from the A Team that sits by her cashier. My first visits to the Carterton Rubbish dump involved encounters with the rubbish dump lady that bordered on serious interrogation and requiring the furnishing of a little red ticket to prove I was indeed a rates paying Cartertonian and therefore eligible to use the rubbish dump. These were followed by the more in depth questioning of whether my boot was really lined with green waste only or whether the green waste was actually camouflaging something more sinister such as "household rubbish". I was nearly deterred from using the rubbish dump, but perseverance is building up trust with the rubbish dump lady.

I love the wheelie bin because you can fill it with whatever you want and there are no questions are asked - although generally I do only fill it with green waste. What I love most is.or standing on it to squeeze as much I can. However I have been advised by the wheelie bin man not to overfill my bin hence the development of the strategy to stand and squeeze and squash. This ritual occurs preferably on a Sunday, foll lowed by a last minute squeeze and condense on the Monday night and then I wheel the wheelie bin ready for its weekly pickup on Tuesday.

I love the wheelie bin so much , I own four wheelie bins. More on the history of my wheelie bins tomorrow, because I realise I have to keep my entries shorter than yesterday. I also have to change my clock on my calendar so it reflects the right day.

There is a good article in this weeks on "carbon sinners" in the ecological column. Are you a carbon sinner. If so, "guilt, as the church has known for centuries, is a rich vein".

Check it out
and also:
Today I learnt how to use the spellcheck. This will not improve my grammar, but it will improve my spelling!

No comments: