Thursday, May 15, 2008

Wig-out update

Thank you for your comments - it helped and I took them into consideration. No, really it did. These also aligned with:
1) what a senior manager once advised: “Smile, acknowledge in your head the person is a f-wit, but smile and do not concede any ground”. Its good advice, its r.o.w. Its hard to execute, but in general its an effective strategy to use. So, I didn’t wig-out. Wigging out, explaining my frustration in this instance is, and likely to recoccur situations (like tomorrow when I have my fortnightly catch up scheduled) are not going to work. Basically, I’ve concluded its bad manners. But if someone has bad manners then that ultimately is their issue. My issue is not to let it affect me and not reciprocate in kind, especially when a power imblance exists. . I note ** who was to attend the same meeting yesterday came over to me this morning and profusely apologised, but this is because he has manners…
2) Today's Dominion. It referred to mandarin burecrats. It also provided defintion of a number of txt spk - one being Wombat

W O M B A T - Waste of money, brains, and time.

So I put togetehr the two and renamed for my voacb my manager Mandarin Wombat - MW. This is quite clever on a number of levels, one being it corresponds with teh managers initials - but not if the manager or SSC ever read this blog!

The Manager came and asked me if I had completed the weekley report. I advised I had and that I had becasue ^^ had already asked me. Then I thought of Dilbert in todays Dom where the manager asks two people to do the same job. I smiled and advised that the task had already been completd. My manager, visibly agitated, but chequereed by me, walked away. (remember advice no. 2 from former manager: don't play games!

I even got to write WOM on the "in/out"board. becasue I was having an official meeting at Word of Mouth. I am sure noone had any idea where I was. But I knew what WOM stood for. WOM and Wombats. I find the "in/out" board off becasue it is kept under extreme and strict surveillance by the manager. Odd becasue for example, its required to be filled in cirucstaces like when everyone is at the same meeting - well, hello, doesn't everyone know they are at thesame meeting. I mean alongside everyones name of the the meeting room gets plcaed.!! Not ot just one general mark up.

Oh, and I "won" a trade me auction for Les Mills membership. Yep, I'm going back to the gym - mainly I'll be going to the Terrace because that is in close proximity to where I work - this will also solve the "problem" of "F" who put me off going to Extreme - although "F" does occassionly go to the Terrace., Becasue um clearer I need to vent my frustration physically

I suspect my meeting tomorrow will either go well or badly. If my my manager insists on advising the Pucinni is an opera - I will slap manager - again, thats just pure arrogance.

Weather looks good for the weekend - Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone who is into style depends on a great stylist to look good and help with hair issues
and problems. As natural products don't have any side-effects, you can rest assured for healthy hair. A well groomed woman will look to her hair and makeup first and a poll of 3,000 females across the UK revealed that about 44% feel attractive if they are having a good hair day, this compares to 16% who felt pleased with their appearance if good teeth gave them that winning smile.

Feel free to visit my web page; hair products