Monday, October 6, 2008

Things I observed today

1. A lady kissing a letter as she posted it in the Post box at the New World Metro. It was a beautiful moment and worthy of making into an advertisement for New Zealand Post. I could see her lover in her eyes. You know, like those ads for Air New Zealand. It was nice in an old fashioned way.

2. Listening to a guy on the train describe his weekend events. This inlcuded "Oh yeah, on Saturday I worked for the government" Then there was a silence "you know, I think its call p.e.r.i.o.d.i.c. d.e.t.e.n.t.i.o.n so like you know, I don't get paid for it. Yeah. PD. " And then he and his companion burst into laughter.

3. Another colleague advised they had resign. I don't particulalry like this colleague, but I don't like even more that this means 7 people in 8 months have resigned from my team - no replacements except 2 impending contractors.

4. A lady disappear on TV- how does the magician on NZ has talent do that?

5. I alos met a public health nurse I used to work with at Hutt Valley Health. She reminded me without saying that I am not the person I was in 1990. But I am also not the person I thought I would become. That is, I know for sure, she remembers me as a keen committed ambitous graduate who thought one day I would hold the senior management position or equivalent that she held. Now, I am a disillusioned public servant drifting. Still it was nice to meet her unexpectantly as she now lives in Christchurch in semi retitement but is back in Wgtn doing contract work for the MoH.

6. I met an old colleague for lunch - she is now a manager aspiring to be a group manager/general manager. We were both analysts once.

7. My grass growing - well actually, I can't see my grass growing quite yet - but like the lady that disappeared - I believe it will appear any day now.

No comments: