Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Warehouse, and the iron

Yesterday I went to the market for my fish, veges and worm tea. I am so into worm tea the lady asked me if I was drinking it. No, I said, I'm feeding my roses for Strongerlights wedding....
Anyway I go to the Warehouse in the hope of getting equipment (the correct bag and filter) to make my vacum cleaner go. When I return to my car there is a note on my window. "Your radiator is leaking - very badly". I look up and there is a massive stretch of oil. I got my car home but now I cant drive it becasue my radiator is leaking very badly.


On Thursday as the train approached Featherston "oh, no I think I have left the iron on". Had this been any day I probably would have got off at Upper Hutt and got the trian back to Carterton. But oh no, this was "project management training day". So, I sat thtorugh project managemnet day configuring various project managing scenarios of how to rebuild my bungalow, and living in the garage while this occured. Then at lunchtime I googled what happens when you leave your iron on. Somebody had left their iron on and like me lived too far away form home just to pop back and turn it off. Their house didn't burn down so I decided mine would't either.

When I got home my iron was on but was beeping off because it had been unatteneded. I wouldn't recommend it for stress levels but would reccomend the SUNBEAM iron for this feature. I'll also be putting a spare key out on my section.

The project management course was weird. Predictable but wierd becasue my manager wanted to talk talk talk. I'm still getting over that when we had to do an exercise where we drew a picture I was the only one who populated my pictrue with people. That for me was very telling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woah. you are one lucky lady re iron.

and yeah, i bet the people drawing IS telling...