Sunday, March 16, 2008

Country charm

Today I went to get my loaf of (unsliced) white bread from Country Oats. Parking (a current interest of mine as you will know from my last posting) was at a premium, well at least by Carterton standards. The usual cars I see parked out outside Kircks duing the week taking up local parking becasue the owners are that little more adventerous and extend their day in the coutnry that little but further than Greytown and Martinborough.


So, I park a few spaces up from Country Charm. Its an antique shop and you may know it from the fact that it has two elderly manequins dressed up that sit outside the shop. Just as I pass the china shop (becasue that essentially what it is with a few expensive wooden pieces) this lady pushing an elderly lady in a wheel chair passes me. She zooms the elderly woman in the wheel chair up to the manequins and they laugh at the manequins and then zoom off. I turned my head around becasue I could hardly believe it. The wheel chair was stuffed with three - yes thats 3 - real live chiwawas (sp) coming out - one at the front, one at the side and one at the back. This is one of the most surreal sightings I have seen for some time.


I also saw a one armed man and one leggged man in the space of about 10 minutes. Each of the men were probbaly younger than me, and playing with their children in the local park. They rmindeded me that life is about the attitude you give it.


Oh, and finally I froze corn and roasted tomato mixtures. I was a pit disappointed with my tomato crop this year given its been a scorcher of a summer. I've decided its all in getting thehem at the right time to get early growth. Its an ok crop but not quite as bountiful as I had hoped for.

No comments: