Saturday, March 8, 2008

Grapes

My favourite grapes are in season and cheap as chips at the Masterton Farmers market. The black type that taste of homegrown grapes. Unfortuantely, this means Autumn has arrived.
Purchased another load of macrocarpa and it was delivered today. I love wood and woodstacking. But must remember I now have enough wood probably for this winter and next given I have priced woodburners and I don't think I will be buying a new one this winter. Wood people are a good breed of people. example: they post their feedback rapidly on Trademe and place excellent feedback. Trademe is the way to go for purchasing and having delivered wood from local suppliers. It does however leave me with a dliemena about my neighbour the wood man who has supplied me with pine. I may have to buy some more pine from him but make the point that if he had elevated me to his priorty delivery list I would have actually purcahsed my macrocarpa off him.
Anyway why pine and macrocarpa - well according to my neighbour you get the best burn when you mix the two.
I have chopped the red hedge down the side of my border with my neighbours basically in half. They have been dropping gentle hints for some time. It was a hedge that had turned into trees but now I have turned it back into a hedge - well it will be once it gets its Spring growth back. In their absence I relented. It lets in a considerable lot more light in to my house - and I suspect their house too. Hopefully, this solar solution will help my winter heating.
I can see why men get excited about chopping trees. A chainsaw would have made it quicker but it is more rewarding with a handsaw.

No comments: