Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lift activty

I randomly logged onto the Radio Live site and Marcus Lush to hear a prerecorded chat about the Carterton wheelbarrow races held last weekend. Then I decided to listen to the archived chat about lifts. Brillant.

In essence it provides reccommendations on when you are in a lift. Basically, if you are the last person in the lift you press all the buttons for the floors below so that the next person who hops in has to go to all the floors. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before.


What I have thought of and quite often do is pretend I am pusing the door open button when in fact I am pushing the door closed button and then look extremely disppointed when the door slams in front of the person.


Anyway, today I tried out the lift button thing. It was strangely empowering. I still have some way to go to perfect it. And the fact that I am the 7th floor doesn't mean I can quite get the full effect of it but nevertheless I'm going to be practicing and perfecting my lift movements.

I think my building has 5 lifts and about 18 floors so there is some scope in this activity.


Apparently like trains, this type of activty appeals to those with autistic tendencies.

Anyway, its giving me some pleasure, its free, it may inconvience a few people, but it doesn't actually do any harm.

All my colleagues in my seating area have been away for the last two days, so instead of being geographically located in "south pod" i have been an i-pod. But my other colleagues keep calling me a me-pod. Apparently, its more gramatically correct - this maybe so but it defeats the purpose of the rebranding - retards!

No comments: