Tuesday, March 25, 2008

trade me table

A couple of months ago I purchased a table from a Trademe man who lives in my trademe region. Today he sat next door to me on the train. I found out he was a medical doctor. His wife is a manager of a health instituition. His wife reupolstered the chairs. Quite nicely. This would perhaps explain why they have not had time to post feedback. I've decided the feedback doesn't really matter because I got a good table table and chairs for the price that is in keeping with my house so I didn't raise it with him this morning. I guess I just like feedback.
The things is when the man visited and delivered my table I thought he looked familiar - but just attributed that to perhaps having seen him locally. He shook my hand and I attributed that to good manners- I have found my best deals are sealed with handshakes when the people introduce themselves. I had viewed his extensive listings on trademe which included among other things, a flash late model porsche, a flash motorbike and another flash car. From this I had deducted he was an IT professional.
He his leaving Wellington to go to Melbourne becasue he needs to move on from the Wellington health scene. I kind of felt for him. His story had a resonance for me. Just hearing him speak, pulled these enormous heart strings/triggers for me. We have different backgrounds but there were similarities in some repsects.
There is something about when people talk about health and their work in health that stirs me. You see, you can be passionate about health, about making a difference. It is easy. It is real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why don't you work in health?

Anonymous said...

becasue like the dr in my post I needed some time out after an intensive strange period - it overshadowed over a decade that I had invested in health. And sometimes you(or at least I didn't)know what you've got till its gone....also its about moving/ getting some distance - I thought the only way I could do that was to get out of health - its probbaly part about changing career direction as a whole too /letting go/moving forward - unbtil I sort all that stuff out...