Saturday, March 22, 2008

Neighbourhood watch

About 7pm I was visited by a local policeman. He asked me if I was at home at 4pm. Yes, I said. But then I had to concede I was at home but I was asleep. This means Imissed an act of serious violence halfway down my street. I asked if their were guns. No. It was the wrong question I realise in retrospect. I should have asked how injured the person was. I suspect they are either in intensive care or dead. The incident occured at this house were a group of young people hang out. In general, its far enough to really affect me, but at the same time it is concerning.

I seized the opportunity in my interaction with the policeman to tell him about the threatening annoymous mail I had recieved today. Basically I was left a handwritten note in my letterbox that said if I was real Carterton person I would leave my rubbish in my bin., But I am a real Carterton person and I do put my rubbish in my bin!!! IN fact in terms of environmental recyclying I rank myself pretty high. Thats what hurts! It takes a lot of effrot to chop up chooped down trees -for kindling - more so than taking them to the dump. Except the person spelt rubbish with one b (ok, I don't spell check these posts, but I do the written note). It was odd. If the person writing it was a real Carterton person they would have told me in person of their concerns. But seriously, I can't see what activity I udnertake that could possibly be offensive to any neighbours. Its quite puzzling. The policeman provided no comment or advice. I conceded he would probbaly have greater and more pressing issues to address - but that I felt the need to tell him in any case.

The annoying thing about the handwritten note about from its unwarranted implications are that it is annoymous and there is no opprotunity to press the reply button as in an an email. That for me is one of the most frsutrating things.

Went to Noel Leeming to buy a digital camera - but no one offered to serve me - so I walked out. Its part of my customer policy. Besides its only douple flybuys and I wiill wait for triple.

Oh and fyi, my flybuys purchases are coming one by one, day by day. This was ok for today because I was home. But when I am not home, this neccitates a trip to the local post shop.

I am in receipt of sectauers and a nlue frypan. pillows, lamp and house and graden to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to learn more about fantails how they work, there such beautiful nature, I have one at my back door that sings to me during the day as if he pops in to say hello, I also leave bits of bread in his tree I don't see it take it but it's gone within an hour.. Also we have a little family of them building a nest in our chimney I like to think positive about them. They bring me good vibes & help me think positive.

Shurz said...

I moved six months ago and shortly after my Darling Mum passed away unexpectedly. She was in her 90s but had been in very good health and very active. I have been struggling with missing her an no close friends near by. About two months ago a fantail came inside and since then comes in daily. I leave the door open about 10 cms for my small dog and the fantail flies through the narrow gap. If I am still in bed he/she flies through the living area and into my bedroom. He often sits on my dressing table and chirps to himself in the mirror. The fantail flies into the garage as well. One day when the doors were shut and I was still in bed it even flew around outside my bedroom ! I always though they were a warning of someone passing but l have also read they are a messenger from someone who had passed over. I am trying to take comfort in the latter. I have an elderly dog which concerns me but as it has been 8 to 10 weeks now l am more inclined to think the fantail is a messenger sending love rather than a warning. Well l hope its that

Unknown said...

While I was watching TV in my bedroom a fantail came in wouldn't leave for ages it also cheap is this a bad sign