Friday, April 18, 2008

Just plain fricken weird

I've been building up to this post all week. At the commencement of the working week (for me), that is, Monday, the "normal" team meeting was held. Highlights and lowlights were discussed as usual. Although as usual, personally, I found it hard to distingusih between the two. Then just as the meeting was about to draw to a close, the Acting Manager asked all the ladies to stay behind.

She then approached the rather delicate subject that there was an issue with how some ladies were using the toilets. Effectively that "shit" had been discovered on the toilet floors, and "someone" it appeared had toilitree issues that were resulting in a potential health hazard that in the worst case sceanario could possibly lead to a hepatitis A. omg I so wish I had been quick enough to say the most common casue of hepatitis A outbreaks in toilets is between men who have sex with men, and the prospect of this happening in the 7th floor toilets of my building, was in my opinion while not impossible, quite remote during "working hours". I regret I was not quick enough with this retort at the time, beccasue I was simply so overwhelemed at the inetenisty of discussion on the state of the use and state of the toliets.

It was suggested that everyone could contibute to the solution by paying attention to personal hygeiene, washing their hands, and executing care in their toilet excursions. It was also suugested that if anyone did have issues about their toilet behaviour that perhasp they could discretely and confidentially appraoch the Group Manager to "discuss".

Now full credit, actually, to the way the Acting Manager approached the subject and dealt with it swiftly and smoothly and "upfront". But end of week, a few "discreet" notices later, I still find it rather odd.

But more to the point, I think it says something about the work culture or my current employer.

But I don't know, I have thought about it all week. I just find it weird. The behaviour that has led the discussion and the disucssion and attention to it as a result.

No comments: