Friday, April 11, 2008

Survey

I have just completed a telephone survey. I know a little about these things so agree to participate in them as a matter of personal curiosity and professional development. This survey was about "general state of things in New Zealand". It lasted about 10 minutes. But thats becasue I am probably your dream question answerer. Reasonably educated and attuned to the types of questions being asked.

I would have thought the lady I was speaking to was from Bombay - but she was probably from Bombay via Auckland. I did ask her the name of the company. Two letters represening individiauls. Think: A&C - but it wasnt A&C so I answered the questions.

The questions ranged basically from whether I would voteein for a Labour Govt (I would) - how happy I was with the Labour govt (relatively happy) to whether I liked cricket or rugby league (clearly being from Wainuiomata, rugby league ) . Take the girl out of Wainui but not Wainui out of the girl. to whether I knew about various current affairs and John Key.

But then there was the question: How happy are you with your life on a scale of 1-10. I answered 5. the interviewer said "Oh, you sound so positive, I thought you would answer much higher". Well, hello. Most people sound quite happy when they have had a few drinks!

Various questions intervened and then the questionnaire ended with the lady saying somethinglike "I really hope your things improe with your ranking on how happy you are@v

I hope so too. I really do.

No comments: