Things I am grateful for - in the universe of life.
1. I have a well paid job that pays my mortgage.
2. I have my own land, and house and garden.
3. That I have a beautiful black cat that gets upset and worried when I am late home (like tonight - 2 hours - thanks Tranzmetr
4. That I can hear all sorts of sounds - ranging from the jug boiling, to Ali purring, and beautiful music of all sorts.
5. That I can see things in colour
6. That I can taste things like wine and lamb chops
7. That my electricity bill is in CREDIT
8. That tramping socks and hot water bottles keep me warm. Refer 7.
9. That the Queen has a birthday coming up in the next week - not next 2 weeks - and technically its not her birthday but who cares when it means a genuine Monday off
10. That on the whole I keep pretty good health - in that I rarely actually need to consult a GP for medical reasons - although I do probably have a few risk factors such as high blood pressure and fatty liver tissue. Refer 6.
11. That I can walk down my street in the dark in safety
12. That there is a train that enables me to get to work everyday - even though sometimes it is late.
13. That at the weekend I can bake my own bread and it is better than Rolled Oats and even Mirabelle!!
14. That I get my vegetables delivered to my back door and they are fresh as and the best as. And all those Wellington peepst have to go to Moore Wilson and check out the sourced in the Wairarapa signage and pay more!
15. That at the weekend I can go into my garden and see the things that are growing and plant more new things.
Ok, there are a few minor things that trouble me. There are a few gaps in my life - like finding true love etc. But on the whole I do actually have a lot to be thankful for and I am thankful for that.