Thursday, December 20, 2007

The best love story ever

Google "cow girl carterton" and you will be able to read it. I love this story. I've seen a Ken a few times from my car. He is a true legend. I have to request you google becasue I'm still learning how to do the linky things on my laptop - sometthing weird happens. Anyway, bear with me. It is worth the google.
I like it when I see old faces on the Terrace. I avoided it for awhile. I needed the space. But I'm back and hanging out on the Terrace - and its kind of special to see that the special and beautiful people of the world still inhabit it. Yep I', back for a short period and after Wellington anniversay weekend I will be truly back in that magical place of policy land.
Today I had my farewell at my workplace becasue even though my last day is Monday some people will be away tomorrow and Monday. The work people wrote lovely things in my cards and the cards were lovely and gave me a lovely present (well, it was cash for my garden) but it was the thought that counted - and the cash. Rambo wrote that I had been a "breath of fresh air"! That was kindof nice coming from Rambo. My cowo thanked me for my support. That was nice too. My manager said lovely words and baked me a Christmas cake. Such a contrast to my last direct-report manager who mysteriously went awol on my last day! My current manager said this random thing that wasn't so random in the context of the last 12 months. Something along the lines of I hope you will keep in touch and that when we pass each other in the street you will stop and say hello. With her, I will. Perhpas the secret to a preoper farewell is to stay only 3 months rather than 13 years. This is not to say that elements of my last departure were not nice, but the reality is that it was darkened by my previous direct report manager. Still, she has to live with her actions. Its been healing for me to be reminded that there are good, decent and caring people. Ok, that's my last entry on work matters until the next year. I just had to mark it though because its a penultimate (strongerlight loves this word:-)) and significant work milestone for this year.
My Christmas tree is rocking with happiness at the thought of impending visitors. It's even started singing carols.

1 comment:

strong light said...

Maybe on Sat I will show you how to link to websites. It can be my xmas gift to you :-)

P.S. I told the guys at work about your blog and have given them the link. Now your readership will go up :-)