Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Risk

Can never really go wrong with KM advice (even if its hard to follow - and followed in an abstract way - that's the art):

Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices
Do the hardest thing on earth for you
Act for yourself
Face the truth

I first heard Witi Ihimaera say this to me (well me and about 15 other people in the Von Zedlitz building at Vic.) So I always replay it in my head with his tone. Somehow it makes it nicer for me.

It's a good quote though and lasted me for number of years. I just have to remember to remind myself of it now and again. Its simple but its hard too.

Today's culinary tip: Groper steaks: simple. Distribute rock salt and pepper on Groper steaks. Place lemon slices, preferably sourced from your own lemon tree or a very good friends all over. Drip olive oil onto the lemon slices - if you read the last entry you will know I reccommend Olivo on top. Bake until the lemons caramelises and the skin on the groper crisps up. Can serve this with tomato salsa - tomatoes onions and coriander - picked form your garden - finley chopped and blended together. One of Jamie Olivers recipes from his early days. Pukka Tukka. Classic but great. Creates more dishes than the artichokes but worth that extra effort.

No comments: