Thursday, December 13, 2007

Chicago Christmas work party

Today was the day of workplace Christmas work party. It was held at Chicago on the Wharf. This took me back to the hey day of a decade or so ago. Or at least my heyday when I used to hang out there on a Friday night. It used to be hot happening place that you could dance and have good night. This was pre Dockside days. Different clientele. But back then it was for me what Dockside is to some people today I guess.

Anyway, it was nice. Nicer than than the last few work Christmas parties I have been to. Maybe becasue it was new. Maybe becasue it was my first and last Christmas party with my workplace and also that I kept to catching the 6.18 home.

There was a theme. It was dress up as your film stars. And a good 80% of the staff did. So I guessby NCEA standards they would get an "achieveved with excellence" or something like that. I didn't dress up. I've been a little preoccupied with other stuff this week to gvie attention to a suitable outfit. Although the deisgner records student did say to me "I really thought you'd be into dressing up"! That boy will go far in life with a line like that to a lady like me.

My boss dressed as Hotlips from M*A*S*H. And she looked quite hot. My favourite male cowo dressed as Rambo and he looked mighty fine. But then with that theme how he could he go wrong in my eyes. But what I liked about hs effort was he put a lott of effort into every aspect of his dress, inlcuding having a friend trim his wig to get the exact hairstyle right. Now thats class. There was Top Gun worried he would loose his hat and lots of assorted otherssuch as nuns and pink ladies form Grease. oh, one of cowos went as Olivia Newton John.

There were aspects of familarity. The CEO giving a speech. Luckily I was outside when this happened. But hey, she looked the most laid back I had ever seen her - and even had a lei around her neck - which I think may mean I lost a bet with my cowo that she wouldn't wear fancy dress.

The boobee prize went to the Deptuty CE who thought he was Don Johnson from Miami Vice. Hello, I watched enough epidsodes of this in my time to know that Don wore dark suits and pink shirts. Not pinstriped white suits. I don't think he hired his suit. I nearly told him he needed to put in a litgtle more effort like "Rambo" had. what c ould he do: fire me?! I lvoe that line. But I didn't. Kindof reflects who he thinks he is . Much like Fancy Dress does as a whole.

Today I've had it confirmed I've scarifeced a overseas trip to Ireland for my new job. I knew that when I made the decision to change workplaces. I had it confirmed today. That represents a business class return trip to Ireland, worth say $12,000. Still money can't buy happiness or career progession and I'm still sure in my decision I've done the right thing. I guess that's a bit of test of it though.

Which reminds me wone of teh highlighst of the day was the dam fine Irish music playing. Altthouigh no hot dentist fiddle player!

Tomorrow I will go out again. I could get used to this. Being sociable and having a good time. Tomorrow though I intend to live a little bit more danegrously and adventoursly while having a dam good evening with some of the best company I know to keep!.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Company party in chicago is perfect for creating a naturally beautiful environment. Your guests feel very relax and comfortable in this space.