Monday, December 10, 2007

Random

Here are some random notations. I was going to aim for one of those 100 meme things. But I don't think I will make it so, makybe instead I will aim for ten. OK, here we go:

1. Tonight I recieved my latest TradeMe rating from the letterbox seller in Raumati. I was beginning to worry that he wasn't going to post. He did and he has said that I am a "good trader/recommended trader" This means that I have five positive feedbacks from five transactions. trademe rankings are trademe rankings, but I think its important to strive for simialr rankings in other life endeavours.
2. One of my Queendom - HebeWiri Grace is now over 5.5ft tall. This is quite amazing given this Grace is the grandchild of of the original Grace still residing in Wainuiomata - or at least I hope so.
3. Today I resigned from my job. I will be offically unemployed on Christmas day. But hey, its ok in the new year I will start a new job. Apparently if you last 3 months then you will last awhile in a job. I didn't last 3 months. I will in my next job. I will do better than last. I will secure a position within 12 months befitting a hebequeen. It's all about positioning. And that's what I'm doing. This is all about moving forward.
4. My current boss did not understand me when I talked about the determinants of health or in fact social policy. That explained quite lot. We talk different lanaguages. It made me feel better about resigning.
5. Plant a lot in HighSt Carterton sells single tomato plants. These are intended for single elderly people who live alone the Plantalot lady advised me. She did not recognise me as a single elderly woman who lives alone. So, instead I purchased a six pack of russian reds. I'm aiming for the tomato crop of a couple of years ago that kept me sustained through the whole of winter.
5. According to National Radio yesterday if I was truely sustainable nothing green would leave my property.
6. According to my neighbour, if I was truely sustainable I would not have two hoses going when there are water restrictions on.
7. Tonight there is a new moon.
8. I watch too much Living TV - I have seen the ASB ad for getting a home loan at least ten times because it is played after proprty development programmes. You can learn a lot from Living tv such as the importance of form and function.
9. I lovee groper and especially the bit right in the middle that is a littel like the middle in a cheap cut of lamb, but tonight I got a little disturbed when at the fish shop I could smell janola or chroline cleansing stuff.
10. Tonight I played the piano. I always go to the piano in time of change. I can't play it like I used to simply becasue I don't practice like I used to. But the piano will always connect me.

One final thing. imagine walking along Lambton Quay on your way home from work, and who should you meet, but the person you had lunch with. That's what I call random and nice, and other former collleagues who stop and say hello and smile at you. These small and not so small encounters are what count.

Ok, must go and move my hose, like one of those ladies of the resistance in the war, that moves within the shadows of the night, when hopefully the nieghbours can't see. But I know they know nevertheless!

No comments: