Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Hedge part 2

I think I am contemplating contacting the council. But I need to assess the risk about this. What do I do if I contact the council? Implore them them into a sustainability arguement and that I have been growing my hedge for the last year. But then I would draw attention to myself that I am the ratepayer that has a very high water usage. Maybe the interim pricc of the water usage for this season is cutting my hedge to council spefecifcation. But it irks me - there are lots of very nice green hedges in my neighbourhood that are not cut back to the fenceline. Do I highlight this?

The thing is: I have actaully been building up to cutting my hedge. I want to cut my hedge. But I do not want to cut it back to the exact boundary line. I do not want to cut it so it conforms with some "environemental officer" specification. Environmental officers have a certain mindset and OK my conflict of interest is that I have a certain predujice against environmental officers. But I consider there are valid reasons for my preduijices. Eek, that has made me realise that is probably the mindset of the bigot that justifies there inane comments and perspectives and viewpoints on life.

Ok, I think this highlights that I don't like regulations and rules.

As it happens the single woman who lives alone next door - much like the mirror of myself was served the same notice a few months back. She contacted the council but to no avail. I suspect that although she is articualte she does not know how to deal with the bozos in the burecratic local governemnt. This is perhaps why I am irked. I'm not going to be defeated by that - but in probability I will be.

Hmmmm. Maybe part of me just wants to prove that I can wrestle with the council and win.

On a completely seperate topic, today I was pleased to learn I had made the blogroll of the Morgue man. I consider that an honour and a privelege. Also to be a line item against Homeperm. I'd do the linky things. One day. One day soon - I hope! - oh and the photos - teh photos - a few more Flybuys points and I will have the Song digital camera to enable this.

And finally. Highlight of the day: It was.....yes, it was PAYDAY. I am back on the PAYROLL of the government. I'd liek to be a self employed gardener and dreamer, but the reality it would not on my gardening rate pay the mortgage. So yay for the Labour market and my active particiaption in it!

2 comments:

strong light said...

If you cut it yourself the you have more control about how far you cut it back. So why don't yu do it yourself, and not cut it back quite so hard out and then tell the council you've cut it so they can leave it alone?

Anonymous said...

Well actually, even though I never articulated what you so succintly have, that is in fact my rationale. I will cut it myself and quite bit back - more than I had intended but not as much as the council - however, they will be doing another inspection in 14 days. but hopefully, your analysis and my analysis will work.