Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One of my greatest sporting moments

One of my greatest sporting moments was attending the Halberg Awards back in the late 90s. Somehow I obtained free entry into the awards which that year were alcohol fueled and held at the Queens Whard Centre. I think it had a lot to do with the ladies who accompanied me that night. One is now a senior civil manager, the other is a forigen affiars diplomat. Anyway that night we slipped in through the back door, secured oursselves a table and drank ourselves into the small hours and then went dancing at the "Opera".

I note this becasue tonight I wacthed the Halberg Awards. A rather stale event held in an an auditorium in Christchurch - my "hometown". I watched the event from my bedroom, least you think I am straying from my 7 week Lentian vow to keep to a house and garden theme. I though pleased with the lady that won the surpreme award.

But back to that night in the late 90s. That was a memorable and awesome nit. I haven't had a night on that scale for quite some times - years in fact.

No comments: