Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Waitangi pie

Last year on Waitangi Day I made Peter Gorden chicken pies. This year I made a steak, mushroom, pea, gravy, onion pie with a slab of pastry on top. This incluee steak from last nights dinner. I would challenge you to find a better pub pie. I think now I will make it a tradition to make a pie on Waitangi day.

I also purchased Ryobi hedge trimmer. Mitre 10 had GST free day today, so I drove to Martinborugh and purchased it. Its a basic model but I think it will provide the nice edge I am looking for. Saturday will be the big day. I need to have a task set that will keep me out of bed at the weekends. The last two have been consumed by sleep. Not the best use of free time.

While I was in Martinborough I carried out some surveillance on two former colleagues who I used to work with who happened to be renting my friends homestay. Actually, they were on my old land. Two public health doctors - who I do believe are now married. And what were they were doing? Reading the newspaper and reading a book. They seemed content. There was something quite odd about being in the position to be able to put under surveillance surveillance experts. But I must be careful, what with last weeks neighbour surveillance.

Still, I quite imagine that I will be udner surveillance when I cut my hedge. Last time I was.

No comments: