Monday, February 18, 2008

Home and Garden

If depression is the "new black" as Homeperm suggests then I am in fashion. However, it is a colour I have had in my wardrobe for a number of years. And in general. I'm not known for my leading edge in fashion.

I've decided I am not really depressed. Just simply slightly stressed which is having side effects. The cause of this stress is coping with my new job. The problem is its not my dream job. I don't come home and think yeah, wow what a day - that rocked my world. There's a fundamental underlying factor at the cause of it - and that's I don't think any job in the "career" I am currently in is going to do that. So, its ot the job, its me. For now I need the income. But thats a line I've used for the last 20 years or so. I also in part need the social interaction and stimulus it provides. What I need to do is find other ways to focus on what is important to me.
In the short term this will be making improvements to my house and garden becasue this at least gives me satisfaction.

This is my last introspective posting on my job and "depression". For the next 7 weeks my entries will be focussed on house and garden issues which afterall was the original intent of this blog which I have strayed a litte from. Why seven weeks? Well my southside neighbours are going away for seven weeks. It provides a target for me to make progress in their absence.

Someone stole my green recycle bin. This is annoying. Did it blow away? No it couldn't have becasue it wasn't windy and there were empty bottles in it weighing down. Do I steal someone elses?. No. Do I buy a new one. Anyway, maybe I could try and exist without it. I don't use it for paper - I already recylce that. I've reduced my empty bottle usage and perhaps could eliminate completely "home empties". So that just leaves empty plastic bottles which I could take to the main depot behind the post office.

If I could be someoneelse - I would be Sarah Beeney from Property Ladder on Channel 8. It kind of answere my career question. Now I need to work out a way to make that happen in a realistic way. The LJ Hooker man from the seminar I attended last week I dont think will be calling me. This is becasue I don't have a "husband". Still, the seminar did serve its purpose in reminding me I will not be able to live on $20,000 a year and I want a lifestyle better than I currently can afford.

No comments: