Sunday, February 24, 2008

You have to be an abortionist

This is the advice of the market man who is a market gardener. He sells plants and was selling swan plants. A lady stopped and explained her dilemena that she had sucessfully built up a fine collection fo catepillars only to see them disappear. I said "thats exactly the same problem I had". The market man then explained you have to be abortionist and take the eggs off the leaves when you see them and leave only 3 or 4 catepillars on the plant. This makes sense really. It was just the way he matter of factly stated it. Your kind of stuffed either way. If you do what the other lady and I did its leading the caterpillars to an early death and if you do it at the egg stage - is that my humane? Perhaps its better not to have the swan plant at all - and leave it to nature.

In contrast I purchased my veges from the purple pumpkin lady and leant about worm feed liquid as a fertiiser which I am going to try. The purple pumkin lady is my inspiration. She lvies within 2km of where I live but her veges are twice my size and her output. So I need to learn from her.

I finished my market purachase at the organic stall where I purchased crispy apples like they should be and handpicked wild blackberries. I turned this into a blackberrie and apple pie with home made shortcrust. It was a Jamie Oliver recipie.

I had wood delivered today - and peastraw which I purchased from the same Trademe supplied. I liked it when the wood men said to each other "doesn't that smell good". They were right. When I went to stack it it did smelll like good dried wood should smell like.

Now on Strongerlight's suggestion, am contemplating buying a puppy also for sale by the same supplier. A German Shepherd puupy. Details are as follow:


Von Hussar kennels"Strong Black Gold"Wormed & Parvo injectedNZKC registeredGood hip scores3 Dogs3 Bitches2 Long coats (1 Dog, 1 Bitch)

I am very very tempted.



2 comments:

strong light said...

OMG! Did I suggest you buy a dog?? I want a dog. But for me, not for you. Although I like your choice - a nice german shepherd would be fab. have you looked on trade me? They have soooo many cute dogs.

I'm just jealous cos I want one but we can't have one where we live.

Anonymous said...

dogs RULE. so long as it has stuff to do during the day, i say: do it.