Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Meeting your expectations"

Today I purchased "hair product". It cost circa $60.00 for shampoo and conditioner. I recieved a loyalty card that entitles me to one free set should I purchase ten or something. I'm not a mathematicin but even I know that is $600 on hair product. Anyway the loyalty card of the well known hair establishment has embossed on the bottom of it "meeting your expectations". Well today my my hairdresser and the hairdressing establishment did not meet my expectations. I will not be going back. I paid $100 for a hair cut to look like "Betty Anne". Now Betty Anne is a fine lady. But she must be late fifties or early sixties. Given I am early forties I think it is a little early in my life cycle to look like Betty Anne. Now that I am home I am less distressed. But hello my hair cut was not worth a $100 bucks. Next time I will going local. As I am actually growing my hair all I need is a basic hair trim.


Today I had a catch up meeting with my manager. It was scheduled for 3.30. We had it at 5pm. This is becasue she decided to hold two meetings with other staff before me. What I think, is that she should have said to the the other other staff, I'll meet you at 4pm. She apologised profusely for reschduling. But in my view such an apology is shallow and has no meaning. Its one of my old fashioned traits. I like to be on time. I don't mind being "bumped" or even postponed if important matters arise. But from my analysis the staff that went before me could have waited. Being on time for me is a sign of showing respect. Its also a good sign of time management. I kept my cool. It went well. But it still irks me. Still, that is the nature or the beast. Not to let the irk show. But its ridiculous. I spend time preparing for the meeting . My manager wastes my time, her PAs time, and her time. Its about respect. Its about time anagement. I will have to learn to be relaxed about being accomodating about it. But hello, I have decided that time management is one of my values. And it should be a core competency of good management. I think good managers do do time management well. This is not to say that I don't think my manager is a good manager.

I ended the day by sawing branches that had fallen in the storm. Sawing is good therapy. I reccommend it. And it contributes to the sustainability theory fo minimalising stuff that leaves the property.

ALERT: The FINAL BONFIRE of ALL TIME will be happeining probably early MARCH. The final bonfired as in the last bonfire. Because once the last BONFIRE happens I will laying a nice repsectable lawn:-)

Oh and I have a super duper new old Oak table purchased via Trademe. This means that should I seat you at my table in future you will not have to worry about your arse falling thorugh the chair even if you have a small arse - and neither will I!

No comments: