Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Accommodation - aspects of familarility

One of the things I like about my new accommodation is that in some aspects it is like a certain floor on a certain building I knew very well in Molesworth St through lived experienced and having spent a long time there.
The main difference is that I didn't have a choice of 4 lifts or to have to have to elevate myself seven floors to reach my desk at Molesworth St.
A key thing I find comforting is when I walk through the doors to my new accommodation I look down a long corridor. It is almost identical in layout to my Molesworth reference. I walk through the door and to the right the research team sit and then there are offices, open plan and couches etc. Sometimes I blink and if the topic area wasn't different, the people weren't unfamiliar I could be back on old territory.
But I am not. And will never be. I am the relocated catapillar.

No comments: