Thursday, January 3, 2008

Roses

I've been weeding today. My roses are doing Ok given they survive amongst weeds for periods of times. But I can grow better roses. I have grown better roses. I can grow show roses that are as close to perfection as you can get. This is beginning to annoy me that my garden is not as good as I can get it. I let my life get like that sometimes too. Well, things are going to change. I'm going to improve the state of my roses and the state of my life.
The annoying thing is that the four new roses are on their way to being of the standard I expect from my roses for their age. Maybe I can use that positively, and they can set the benchmark. I purchased them from the californian garden centre in mirimar. I need a few to replace a couple I have lost. I willl be going back there next year.
The only constraint I have with the roses currently is contravening the water ban. But I'm going to. Apparently there are water meters in place so the council will have evidence i Have exceesive use. This is my only sustyainable flaw. My excessive water usage. But flowers need water to grow. Mulch does help but its not enough.

No comments: