Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Boots

Have you ever noticed how council gardener's wear boots? Well, there is very good reason for this. Jandals and gumboots are fine for a quick sojourn in one's garden, but when you are doing a full days work in the heat of summer and midday sun if you wear jandals or gumboots your feet sweat and you begin to slip. You also after awhile not only get dirty feet but cracked feet.

I have resorted to wearing "boots". I am sure this is good idea because it means my feet are supported. But in wearing boots one has to wear socks. The socks get incredibly dirty and now I have to soak them in Napisan. It's hard work being a gardener.

I am about half way through my barkchip pile. Tomorrow I will make significant progress and hope to reduce what is left by half again. My truckload of bark has become my Everest. I will be glad when I have knocked the bastard off - not of course to undermine Sir Eds achievements - which because I listen to National Radio - I heard about five times the day he died.

2 comments:

strong light said...

or yu could just grow things in pots :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I could do that. In fact I once did. I had a truck load of pots - now known as my garden. A truck load that the removers wished they had never met me.