Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My new boss

Today I had my first meeting with my new boss. Apparently these are called "bilateral meetings" because they are held every two weeks. I noticed she has four ear piercings in one ear. I did notice that at my interview but I noticed it again today. She also wears her hair up - like posh doktor. Apparently my job is all about influence and facilitation - like hello, as if that is a new concept. One of the skills I need to develop given this is the charm factor. Sometimes I lack it. Today I made a lot of bad jokes. Its what I do when I am nervous. Like at the end of our "bilateral meeting" I said "thanks, I'll see you in two weeks time then"...omg that is so not funny....

I had my first "pod" coffee meeting today too. That was nice. I like my pod members - so are trying to align my work programme with theirs.

I have a distressed fejoa tree. I could let it die a natural death. I could do that. But then all those watering moments when it was in a pot from a few seasons ago would be lost so I will do my best to give it intensive care.

I have a trademe bid in play. Its for a new oak table. This would mean if I win I will be able to invite you round for dinner and you can be confident that the chair you sit on will hold you up all evening. The bid closes tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me becasue its a nice set and would go well in my home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have the caterpillars turned into butterflies yet?

Anonymous said...

I have seen a few butterflies. BUt there should be at least 10 butterflies. I have not seen 10 butterflies. I think the secret is perhaps to plant the swan plant in a pot on the porch. That way the crsyallis things can form in safety. I need to research the topic in more depth

Anonymous said...

um, isn't a bilateral something between two people or parties rather than once every two weeks. but i LOVE your whole "omg that is so not funny" thing. funny cos it rings so true, that is often how i feel after delivering one of my 'punchlines'.