Thursday, January 17, 2008

My new PA and lawnmowers

My new PA left a message on my cellphone today. It instructed me to arrive at my new workplace at 9am "sharp" on Tuesday. If I had any problem with that I was informed to ring her back. In part I was relieved to have it confirmed that next week I would be back in the paid workforce, especially as my new manager is on leave next week but assured me that arrangements would be in place for me to start work. But part of me objected to
the instruction of arriving at 9am "sharp". Especially when this PA got the time for my first interview wrong and especially when actually I an anally punctual. I don't know why I object to the word "sharp" but I do. Anyway, next week I am back in the heart of the Labour workforce. I'm ambivalent, nervous and angry all mixed into one for various reasons.

Today I received $11.00 for my Dad's old lawnmower and rotary hoe. The trademe guy came in a little hatchback and dissembled them. I felt like I was saying goodbye to an old and trusted friend letting go of the lawnmower. Boy, have that lawnmower and I done some mileage together. But I kind of like that both the mower and rotary hoe will be recycled and not just lay dormant in my garage.


In other breaking news, the single woman living alone next door had her lawn mowed by Mr Green today. This required a ride on lawnmower due to the height of the lawn. This means she can now meander on her lawn. So, I suspect I may be seeing more of her.

In a brief conversation yesterday on lawnmowers and Mr Green I volunteered that once she had her lawn mower under control I would be happy for her to borrow mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your love of lawns and lawnmowing is so friggen cute:)