Thursday, January 31, 2008

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

My latest art work is now a 2 piece installation. It was a pillar with a metal frond on. Today I discovered the pillar was blown over and in two pieces. This is becasue basically the pillar was made out of that cheap imitation concrete concept. Unfortunately, this was purchased to symbolise my new job. I hope this is not a symbol of my new job - because effectively that would mean my new job is F***** and a v. bad investment. I can probably recycle in shape and form but definitely not worth the $300 I spent on it for it to break in two. Maybe thats the lesson of the day. Learning how to make my investment work for me no matter what happens.
Today my boss assigned me a new piece of work for my portfolio. She didn't actually define what it was and then told me I had to live with "ambiguity". Um, I don't think I like ambuguity. But my strategy within the work environment will be to say "yes, I am working on the "*%"£?>" strategy, smile and be very p.o.s.i.t.i.v.e about it all. But fuck, its like saying I work on world peace. And actaully theres another whole division within my new govt dept working on this strategy. I hope they do their job well ;-) because that will mean I am doing my job well. My whole team had a meeting on this strategy this afternoon. Goodness knows what they talked about but it seemed to make sense to them. Maybe I do find some aspect of trying to work out how you can talk for an hour or so "estorically" challenging - challenging and frsutrating at the same time. Oh what the fuck is "esotoric" and if you are "estoric" do you need to use the word in any case.
As for my new job today I had drinks with the "managers". I met a group manager from another divsion who happens to be the sister of a well known MP. I knew who she was but I said "oh, so where do you work and what do you do and she described what she did without having to use the words "Group Manager" - so from that I assessed that she was Ok and we would get along fine. And then my manager goes "she's the Group Manager". And I'm like,....um like so???
I like my new people but sometimes I find them arrogant and quite intellectually snobby - and very openly so - which is not to say that I can't keep up or engaged with them - I just question why they feel the need to assert and proclaim their knowledge! I guess theres aspects within that I find both yuk and attractive.
Unfortuantely I had an OMG that is so not funny moment at the end of drinks. My boss goes "so, will we see you next week?" when I left. And I said "definetely.... its only after 3 months that you need to worry" Ummmm. Not funny. Welll, it is defintiely funny but not in the Group Manager context.

Anyway, the Group Manager, who is the sister of the well known MP is HOT. Can only disclose that becasue I have a readership of 3 people!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://asaxipovy.greatnow.com/kyxebic.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to become rich